Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's Right




Do you ever get tired of people asking "What's Wrong?" It seems we learn at a very early age that small talk is typically about the complications of life, what isn't working, and what's causing us grief rather than the good stuff. So I'm instituting What's Right on Wednesdays to turn that idea on its ear. These will be posts celebrating what's right in my life, what is working, and what makes me happy, because those are the things worth talking about.

I got the idea from the lovely Wendy Polling over at her blog. I found myself so intrigued by her In My Studio lists, that I couldn't help but borrow the idea. Thanks Wendy. 

Current Infatuations
I've been crocheting my little fingers off lately. I think the cat thinks he is in heaven with all that yarn everywhere.  So what have I whipped up, you ask? I crocheted a cute little pair of boot cuffs, a thin (but chunky scarf), a couple little bowls to felt, and some fun little spring-y flowers that I am going to use in a different project. So. Much. Fun! 

Food & Drink
I'm loving Chobani yogurt with all my heart these days. I'd been eating Coconut Milk yogurt for about a year but just wasn't loving it. So a few weeks ago as I was exploring the yogurt section of the grocery store, I saw Chobani's yogurts. Can I just say, Yum? They are so thick and creamy and just plain yummy, there is really no other word for it! They have a huge selection of flavors that I am exuberantly taste-testing each morning. And, isn't it so much more satisfying when the contents are just as scrumptious as the pretty packaging?  Love that!

Inspiration
Tim, Alex and I went to see David Wilcox perform at Ashland Coffee & Tea a few nights ago. Tim and I have gone to 7 or 8 different shows of David's , and it is always so inspiring for me to see him. He truly is such a gifted singer, songwriter, and musician, and I find it so uplifting to see him continuing to do what he so clearly loves. Reminder to self: You can do what you love.

Tuned In To...
Tim and I were and still are big fans of Pandora, but recently we decided to sign up for a joint account on Rdio.com. I'm still getting the hang of it, but (and this is a big but), the beauty of Rdio is that you can listen to entire albums and not fall victim to the Random Song That So Obviously Doesn't Fit in With the Vibe You're Going For type of situation. So what am I listening to today? BellX1: Bloodless Coup.

On My Nightstand
Living with Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation by Sanaya Roman. I've had this book for years and years and pull it out just about every year to re-read it. I feel so strongly about this book that I use as a manual for creating the life I want to live. There is no chapter that is unnecessary, they all contain pearls of wisdom. A must-read if you haven't already read it!

On Our TV
Ok, I'll admit it, we're Netflix addicts. Tim says it's because we can't control ourselves and have to watch an entire series season in one sitting. That may be a slight exaggeration, but I say it's because we don't have to deal with any commercials. So our latest obsession is House of Cards. I believe this is the first series created by Netflix for Netflix and what a surprise! The series follows a Congressman (Kevin Spacey), his wife (Robin Wright), and a young reporter (Kate Mara) through the ins and outs of Washington politics. The cast is wonderful and the episodes have been terrific -- not quite up to Breaking Bad's standards but better than Homeland. Tim and I are hooked and can't wait to see the next "season". One awesome thing about this series, all the episodes were released at once, so you don't have to wait a week to see the next one. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...