Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's Right: Celebrating the Good in My Life Right Now



Current Infatuation
Now is the time for spring cleaning! I've been infatuated with cleaning out, organizing, clearing space, and generally just straightening up the house. Alex and I are the pack rats of the family. Tim is proud of the fact that if push came to shove, he could run out the door with a small bag in his hand and live happily ever after with the few items it contained. But, Alex and I just aren't cut from the same mold as Tim — we like our stuff. Well, that's all fine and good, but there comes a time when some of it just has to go, and does that ever feel good! Nothing makes me happier than seeing plenty of empty space in a closet.

Food & Drink
Back when I started the elimination diet last February, nuts were my go-to snack. When I began adding foods back into my diet, I came to the realization that gluten had to go. Sad story because all the nuts I was buying from Whole Foods were potentially gluten contaminated. Then, thanks to Tim, I found Nuts.com and the sun is once again shining — lots of gluten free foods to pick from, not just nuts! The web site is super easy to use and I've always gotten my order in two days. And, like I said last week about the Chobani packaging, Nuts.com has the cutest packages (see photo above), plus they send me a little free sampler each time. I think they are my new best friends. :)

Inspiration
Tim has been such an inspiration for me these days. He works so hard creating custom solutions for businesses, keeping his clients happy, getting new clients, and juggling projects that he wants to do for himself. Now that he has been doing all of those things and working on his up-coming book (due to be published this summer, yay!), he's had an even more difficult juggling act. Yes, he has his share of meltdowns, but still manages to take a walk with me at lunch time. So lucky to have him in my life.

Tuned In To…
Dave Matthews Band. I can't seem to go anywhere without Dave these days. He's in my car, on Pandora, and on Rdio. Under the Table and Dreaming is still my favorite album, but I have to say, Grace is Gone is my latest favorite song from the band. 

On My Nightstand
This week, I'm rereading The Magic of Thinking Big by Dr. David J. Schwartz. The Course in Miracles says: "There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not harder or bigger than another. They are all the same." Since you are working towards a goal anyways, why not shoot for the stars instead of something one rung above where you are right now? But Schwartz warns you not to confuse wishful thinking with a true belief in yourself and your ability to accomplish your goals. Well worth the read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...