Thursday, October 18, 2012

Blank Sketchbook Ideas


I've been experimenting today with some different ideas I have for blank journal / sketchbooks using my mandalas for the covers. For my Blue Igloo journals, I've been hand-sewing the binding in a pamphlet stitch, but it takes quite a bit of time to just do one journal. So, today I've been exploring ways to speed up the process so that making journals on a continuing basis is a bit more viable.

I'm going to play with some other ways to display the mandala on the cover. While I really like these, the perfectionist part of me wants to try some different options "just to make sure." 

I do like the size, though. They're smaller than the ones I've been making for Blue Igloo. The two shown above are 3"x4 1/2", making them easy to slip in your pocket or your purse. I also used the 65 lb. drawing paper for the interior pages, so they are just as great for sketching as for keeping notes, making lists, or jotting down ideas.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...