Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crocheted Stones Love


Ok, who doesn't love the crocheted stones made popular by Resurrection Fern's Margaret Oomen? No, don't answer. I don't want to know because I am completely in love with them and have been since I first saw them ohh so long ago. In fact, I was so enthusiastic I sought out an online tutorial, bookmarked it, and then....nothing. 

I've crocheted since I was a kid, but here and there, I let it go for a year or two or however long, and then, eventually pick it up again. So over the weekend, it was just too hot and humid to be outside that I spent some time catching up on craft projects I always intended to try. The photo above is my first attempt at crocheting around a stone, thanks to the lovely tutorial provided by The Purl Bee

Now that I've officially caught the crocheting bug again I've been scouring our yard looking for more stones that will be perfect for crocheting. Sadly, our landscaping doesn't include awesomely round and simultaneously flat river rocks but rather, rough and unsightly blockish-hunks of rock that are the exact opposite of what I need! 

Word of warning to the husband and visitors...if I manage to get my hands on more of these rocks, the house will probably be full of them by Christmas (I'm only half-joking). :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...