Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Playing with Flame Fractals

A couple weeks ago, I downloaded Apophysis and decided to see what I could do with it. I had downloaded it before, a couple years ago, but was so baffled by the program that I never opened it again!

I love the soft look of flame fractals, and with the newest release of the software, I've noticed that people are creating more and more interesting images with it. This time I am determined to hang in there long enough to create something that is at least a bit more interesting than a big blur! I also have an ulterior motive: to use flame fractal images for some of my Mandala Meditations video podcasts.

To make a long story short, I am still working with Apophysis but in the hope that some day soon I'll be creating mind-boggling flame fractals that leap from the page or screen (one can always dream)! Until that time, I thought I'd share this one:

Untitled

Incidentally, I did use one of my earliest efforts to create my latest video podcast, "Summoning Spirit", and I'm quite happy with the result — be sure to check it out when you have a chance.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...